20051013

This...Means...WAR!

Before the angry, rage filled content below, I'll note that I'm hopelessly addicted to translating Pokemon Emerald. I've spent about 12 hours on it now, and I'm only just now able to actually do anything in the game. Somehow, I don't think I'll finish before I fly home.

Begin the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Some of you may have noticed, but overnight I was nailed by about eight or so "Comments" that were really advertisements. This had happened before, but had abated for some time and life was looking good and happy.

The unfortunate truth is I do not, will not, and can not conceive of this blog as being used for anything other than a place for me to spew my creative energy into, and for people to see and comment. This is not someone's billboard.

The sideeffect of that is that from here on out you're going to have to register to post here.

I didn't want to do that because this forces any friend or family of mine who wants to comment to either register or abstain. The former option being a pain to do, and the latter being a nuisance. There's nothing more annoying than reading something in an environment created for response, and being unable to respond.

However, this is the only weapon I have to fight with. It's like nuking a small peasent uprising, but it needs to be done. I don't have any swords, arrows, or armed forces. I have me, fifteen minutes of spare time, and a Comment Delete button. I'm not in Japan to spend my time checking my blog every day to make sure I haven't been creamed by another wave of stupid advertisements.

I'm terribly sorry, but these explicitive deserving morons who continually are finding new and more efficient ways of making the internet a hellhole of a place to try and navigate and live with have forced my hand.

I hope to still see a good many of you commenting.

No comments: