20050724

r313371ng

Forgiving the title, here's an update.

My new computer, Raijin, is getting better. That's not to say I've been without problems, but I'm slowly killing them. There have been a couple RAID rebuilds (resultant of some random instances of hard drives being undetected, and a random split of the array), and some blue screens of death (my Dad tells me there are no blue screens of death in XP, I have tangible evidence to the contrary). In any case, the coming days will entail the following.

-An evaluation of whether I should reinstall XP (doesn't seem likely, but maybe)
-Reinstalling World of WarCraft (current chief blue screener)
-Installing Dev C++ (for programming purposes)
-Not reinstalling that demonic RAID card that screwed everything up
-Finding a different way to install a CD-ROM

However, at the moment I'm pretty content with how things are. Everything that is left is pretty inconsequential. So unless I continue to get odd stuff happening with my RAID array (the random array split, and missing hard incident post-rebuild have me worried) everything should be fine.

In other news, wish my Dad a happy birthday!

No comments: