20050823

Nani?

Jet lag ho!

I'm off to Japan tomorrow. I'll be leaving the house around 6AM, flying to Detroit around 8:30, arriving around Noon, and then leaving for Japan around 4, and then arriving in Japan around 9pm....the next day. I'm not even sure what all the time zones are for that, so don't ask me.

In any case, I'll probably be out of touch with you all for at least the first two weeks, during which I'll be flittering about Japan on tour. After which I'll actually start classes at the university. Then I'm pretty sure there'll be at least one computer somewhere that I can use for e-mail and other forms of communication with the important people back home.

A lot of people have asked me to do various things for them while I'm there. While I hope to do some of them, I have no idea what it'll be like there and can guarantee very little. I'm afraid I have to give priority to those who have provided the brunt of the financial backing of this trip, nameless they shall remain (though you can probably guess who).

I won't say sayonara, because that's a very final farewell in japanese. Sort of like saying the kind of goodbye where you'll never see someone again.

Cya around!

No comments: