20060412

WHY WHY WHY

I am not a happy camper.

That is not to say that there aren't things I couldn't be happy about. Nay, there are plenty of things to look forward to in the coming days. However, one of the things I have been trying to accomplish for over a week has been eluding me, and continues to do so even now.

Namely, proper sleep.

I don't know why my attempts at sleep have been fitful, broken affairs ending in my tired, bleary eyes staring at the sunlight beaming through the windows. I don't know why I have had the tendency to wake up two or more times in the middle of the night for no reason at all. I don't know why I haven't been able to sleep right.

Last night, this morning, everything was at last going good after a week of this. I fell asleep with ease, and did not stir for anything as the hours passed.

And then the freaking fire alarm went off at 8 in the morning.

This did not make me happy. Nor was I happy to learn that this was a planned fire drill for my complex.

And, of course, I can't get back to sleep. This is the problem with being a dutiful person who wakes up to his alarm easily and can get up and go to class at a moment's notice. This is the problem with being forced out of bed and forced to walk around and get the blood running. This is just a problem.

I have words, oh do I have words.

No comments: